Saturday 26 October 2013

More baby crochet



Hello there!
I'm so, so sorry that I haven't been on this blog for ages. I hope you all had a great summer and are enjoying a colourful autumn.
I  had a wonderful time over the summer. In June I went to Brittany for the first time and it was great. Then later in the summer I went to visit family in the UK and my son and I made a trip to Arnside (I'd read about the place on Attic24 and it was really beautiful). The sunsets were particularly gorgeous. There's my boy having a great time just as the sun was setting.
Then it was a very busy time getting my son off to university, then I had a lot of work, including a trip to Rabat, Morocco, earlier this month.
And now here I am :).

On the crochet front, things have been rather busy too.



After I'd finished the Daisy baby blanket, I still had a lot of pastel DK acrylic baby yarn and decided to make another baby blanket. This time I used Lucy's neat ripple pattern. My brother-in-law and his wife had a baby girl at the end of August, so she received the blanket.

More babies are due any day now! Some friends are expecting their first children - twins! So I got crocheting tiny little baby cardigans and boottees.


I used some lovely soft James C. Brett pure merino yarn I got in the UK for 2.99 a ball. It's nice and springy, and machine-washable. I crocheted them quite long so that they will cover the babies down to their nappies and I chose my favourite colours. I don't know if the twins are girls or boys or one of each, but I reckoned the babies wouldn't mind what colours they wear. My UK readers might appreciate the black and red Dennis the Menace stripes  top left :)

The pattern for the cardigan is here. And I made some tiny bootees with the leftover yarn, with a really quick and easy pattern, here.

Well it is nice to be back! I'll try to come here more often.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I ask you permission for translation in Dutch and place this pattern (http://isitatoy.blogspot.nl/2011/04/baby-rainbow-sandals.html) on my blog www.steek-voor-steek.blogspot.nl) I'll refer to your blog. There are so much dutch people who ask for the translation... Sorry for my english, I'm dutch.
    Greetings from Nellie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nellie, you're welcome to translate the pattern into Dutch. Please just remember to link back to the original pattern on my blog. Your English is very good, definitely better than my Dutch!

      Delete