Tuesday 10 July 2012

Plagiarism stinks!

Well, well. It is sometimes useful to go and have a gander at your followers' blogs. I found this:

Now, I did remember to write out my own pattern as I went along making these cute little things... and I will share, but if you find a mistake or a easier way..please feel free to make any changes you need to.This worked out great for me and since this is my very first pattern EVER written....I really hope you can follow along with me.
Followed by a copy of my crochet owl pattern!

Now, you all know I provide my patterns for free. I always have and hope to continue doing so. I don't mind people making things from my patterns, I don't mind people selling toys made with my patterns. But I do mind people who say they wrote a pattern that I wrote. That's called LYING and nice people don't lie.

I have asked the author of the above text to correct her post and include the link to my pattern. I hope she will have the integrity to do so. 

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry!! That stinks!
    Your patterns are super cute though!!
    Keep bloggin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danielle, now the copier has accused ME of bullying and lying... But I suppose that's life in the blogsphere for you. I'm not going to let this one bad experience spoil the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´m so sorry for you. You are offering your pattern for free and something like this happens. This is not fair! I hope she will change her mind.
    Don´t be sad!
    Sending you lots of love and a big hug! Barbina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbina <3 Don't worry I'm not going to let it make me sad. I have another idea for a new free pattern and I've decided that most people are honest and we shouldn't let one bad apple spoil everything. Thanks for your kind words xxxx

      Delete
  4. I'm very sorry to hear this, hope it all gets fixed.
    Interesting enough, just yesterday I came across someones (FB) page, they take peoples tutorial images and don't give credit to anyone!!...it's terrible.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply don't understand these people. Here you are; Generously providing all of us with your free and wonderful patterns. And then somebody takes credit for YOUR work?? I really don't get it!! They could just as easily have crocheted the owl, and then linked to your blog, so everyone could see where the pattern was from.

    I mean; It's ok to get inspiration from eachother (we all do that) and then create an owl-pattern of your own. But an EXCACT copy?!? That's just not ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pattern was been removed shortly after I commented on it. I suppose this kind of problem is one of the risks of blogland. Thank you for your kind support :)

    ReplyDelete