Sunday 2 January 2011

Ollie the owl


Ollie the owl
Originally uploaded by aishakenza
I have made lots of felt owl brooches, so many that they've inspired me to make some more owlish things. The first one is this owl soft toy that's 15cm tall, and very soft and squishy. I've got a cupboard full of material, including the beautiful red printed cotton that a friend brought me back from Japan. I made the eyes and beak in felt, and decorated it with some lovely satin ribbon.
Now I'm thinking of making a blue owl cushion, but as it's back to work tomorrow, I'm not at all sure when I'm going to have time. Stiggy the giraffe is expecting a sister too. Do you have any ideas of how to fit more hours into the day?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE owls, so this is soooo cute!! I shall have to try to sew one!! :-)

    ReplyDelete